Gramys 2009: The Highlights & Flops.






















Okay, so i'm a little late but hey, (*shrugs*)

I have to say, this year didn't disappoint me too much. I actually enjoyed watching most of it. I believe most of the awards went to people who shouldn't have won lls.


BEST MALE POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE
seriously?! John Mayer over Ne-Yo? I don't think so ...



BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
I really think RADIOHEAD should've taken this one but I guess Kings Of Leon deserved it in their eyes.


BEST CONTEMPORARY R&B ALBUM
I love Mary J Blige but JASMINE SULLIVAN should've had this one.
hands down.


BEST RAP ALBUM
NO ONE WAS MORE PISSED THAN I WHEN LIL WAYNE TOOK THIS ONE.
NO ONE.

How the FUCK does li-li-li-lick me like a lollipop beat out LYRICISTS such as LUPE AND NAS?? I seriously don't understand that.
smh.
The music world is doomed.





As far as performances go, I think 99% were ok.
JENNIFER HUDSON had me in tears from start to finish. I was a fake ass Guitar Hero superstar when RADIOHEAD took the stage. COLDPLAY delivered. CARRIE UNDERWOOD sang her heart out. M.I.A, T.I., JAY-Z, KANYE WEST&LIL'WAYNE did their thing too. THE FOUR TOPS, JAMIE FOXX & NE-YO were awesome. Even JT & AL GREEN were entertaining together.

THE WORST??
MILEY CIRUS & TAYLOR SWIFT.
(*cringing*)
TAYLOR sounded beautiful. MILEY?? not so much. she sounded like she was straining to get some type of music note out. it was not cool lol.

STEVIE WONDER & THE JONAS BROTHERS.
... no comment.



Overall, The 2009 Grammys were ok.

BUT there's always something that happens to ruin a perfectly good evening.



This whole Rihanna/ Chris Brown story seems way too bogus to be true. I've learned not to repeat everything I hear because people will do anything to bring someone on top of their game back to the bottom with their low-budget asses.
Unless Rihanna comes on TV and says "Chris Brown assaulted me", I don't believe it.


Last night our local radio station (93.9 WKYS) had a segment discussing domestic violence among teens, which was (sorry to say), pretty damn pathetic.
Of course I don't condone a man hitting a woman, but it's also not right for a woman to hit a man. Some women don't like to accept that, although it is the truth.
There are also the woman who get some kind of pleasure out of bringing a man to the point where he wants to do nothing more but kick her ass all over the place and that's not right either. You can't blame a man for fighting once he's backed into a corner. There's a difference between defending yourself and just beating on your significant other.
There were some women who called and said "if she hit him first then she should be hit back" which i agree with to a certain extent. give me all the hell you want to but put yourself in that position: its nothing to hit a guy in his arm or his chest or something like that. but once you're hit in the face, that's total disrespect and you deserve whatever reflexes he was born with.. end of story.
I say if you stay in that type of situation, then that's what you deserve. Who cares if you had a bad childhood or a bad father? So did I.
That doesn't mean i'm gonna let some guy I "love" Rick James my ass every 5 minutes.








there's always more to come ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're wrong, someone was more pissed than you when wayne won and that person is me!hehe. I can't stand that cocky little runt. wackness.